Sunday, June 26, 2016

How is it that so many are unaware of the difference between rights?

   There are quite a few people, including those within our governments. That think the right to keep and bear arms is a "civil right". When in actuality it is a natural right. Due to the fact that it has been inextricably linked to the inalienable natural right of self-defense.

   "Civil rights" belong to us as a result of having come together in a Constituted society. Where the people have outlined or permitted their fellow citizens to all have certain rights under certain conditions. And that the exercise of those civil rights are contingent upon obeying the rules of a regulated society.

   Whereas natural rights belong to us as a result of merely being born. These rights exist whether society agrees with them or not. Such as the right to speak or write my own opinions. Or to move freely within the bounds of public property or my own personal property. As well as the inalienable natural right to defend myself, otherwise known as "the first law of nature". These rights are only subject to penalties for violations of the rights of others. Such as if I were to intrude uninvited onto the property of another. Which in legal terms is known as trespassing. But my natural rights cannot otherwise be removed or limited by society. I am still left free to again trespass, as long as I am willing to again pay the penalty for so doing. And I can speak or write what I want, when I want. Again; if  I am willing to face the consequences of my words. But society cannot stop me from speaking or writing my words. Nor can society impede my ability to defend myself. For it is my natural right to do so, and it is inalienable. And follows me wherever I have a legal right to be.

   The above also applies to businesses that have an "Open" sign at their entrance, If a business is open to the public, of which I am one. Then my natural rights follow me wherever I go. For that "business" is only allowed to open its doors according to the rules and regulations established by our hired servants in government. And one of those "rules" is that our rights are respected. If that business cannot honor our rights, then it has no "right" to be open. This fact is made clear by the following:
   "But if the execution of the laws of the national government should not require the intervention of the State legislatures, if they were to pass into immediate operation upon the citizens themselves, the particular governments could not interrupt their progress without an open and violent exertion of an unconstitutional power. No omissions nor evasions would answer the end. They would be obliged to act, and in such a manner as would leave no doubt that they had encroached on the national rights."--Alexander Hamilton, Federalist No. 16, Tuesday, December 4, 1787.
   Who formed our Government? We The People, that's who. Who is our government? We The People, that's who. What is the government of the United States other than the People of each of the several states United into one? And the Constitution of these United States is "the Supreme Law of the land" which binds ALL that are united underneath it.

   It is true that I can be deprived of arms, (the most expedient means of defense), while in custody for having committed a crime. But the right of Self-Defense nevertheless remains, even while I'm in custody. But once I have served my lawfully imposed sentence, and am again free. Then I have every right to be able to defend myself with the most expedient means available, just as any other free person around me does. And according to the "Supreme Law of the Land", that right "shall NOT be infringed" upon.

No comments: