New Gun Club To Hold Wing Shoots
Clubhouse Will Be Erected Tract at Bradley Lane This Spring.With a view to training Americans in the use of firearms, especially in wing shooting, which forms a vital feature of fighting in the air, a number of Washington business men have organized the Bradley Hill Gun Club. The club has leased ten acres of ground at Bradley Lane and Wisconsin avenue, within sight of the Chevy Chase and Columbia country clubs.
Traps have been ordered and tentative plans made for the erection of a clubhouse.
The primary purpose of the club is to encourage wing shooting, particularly among young men who saw military service and know the value of the quick eye and steady nerve, which trap and wing shooting promote. The Army and Navy Departments are disposed to encourage in every way possible the young men of the country to familiarity with firearms.
The promoters of the club propose to secure some of the most expert trapshooters of the country as instructors. They also intend trying to interest women in shooting.
The membership embraces about thirty gun enthusiasts. The incorporators are George P. Sacks, of Chapin & Sacks; Charles B. B. Albeas, of W. F. Roberts Company; Eugene C. Culver and Elmer C. Smith, attorneys, and B. J. Hamm, manager of the Traffic Service Corporation. Among others on the membership list are A. A. Chapin, Herbert H. Shannon. A. G. Fletcher, Vernon M. Dorsey, W. J. Stroble, H. T. Offterdinger, W. H. Heiny and Ralph T. Bowles.
Charter membership will be limited to fifty.
[The Washington Times, Washington [D.C.], Saturday Evening, April 24, 1920. FINAL EDITION, Number 11,511. Pg. 12 - Article titled; "New Gun Club To Hold Wing Shoots".]
Friday, August 09, 2013
Washington, D.C.: "With a view to training Americans in the use of firearms...."
Hey [treasonous] D.C.! WHAT HAPPENED to THAT "view"?